Much of the communication for SVTC happens via email. We have 2 email lists that are used for different purposes:
- SVTC-Announce (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SVTC-Announce): This is the "official announcements" list, and is used to announce events, workouts, races, and other topics that are important for all SVTC members to receive. Since only messages of an official nature are sent, it is relatively low traffic list. All SVTC Members are subscribed to this list.
- SVTC-Discussion (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SVTC-Discussion): this is an "opt-in" list (meaning you can choose to join this list at your discretion) where SVTC Members can discuss triathlon related topics. This list can receive a moderate amount of email traffic depending on what's being discussed.
Once you have paid your membership dues for SVTC, you can go to the websites listed above to join the email lists.
Note that we would like to ask members who participate in the Discussion Group to follow some guidelines. This policy below was adopted by the club Board of Directors (BOD) on June 13, 2010.
The SVTC Discussion group is an unmoderated, open forum that should be used for the following topics:
- For viewing and browsing or for posting civil discussions by SVTC members and non members alike.
- To discuss SVTC and anything relating to SVTC history, lore, events, etc.
- A place for potential new SVTC members to pose questions relating to the club and to gain information from current members about the club.
- For discussion of multi-sport related topics.
- For fun!
1. You warrant that you will not post any messages that could be construed as vulgar or obscene, sexually racially or religiously orientated, political in nature, hateful, threatening, libelous or otherwise in violation of any laws.2. Respect toward others is expected. Users agree not to harass, flame, insult, taunt, or otherwise disrespect any member of this forum. If a conflict of opinion occurs (beyond a reasonable two or three posted messages) please take that dialogue off line. 3. You may not advertise products or services on this forum without prior consent by the club board of directors. The SVTC web site maintains a classified forum at http://www.svtriclub.org/forum/ which you can use to sell items of interest to club members. 4. Ensure that your FULL & REAL name appears somewhere in the posting, either in the header or signature.
If a Discussion group member deems any posting to be in violation of this policy, please direct your response to the club BOD at SVTC-BoD@yahoogroups.com , (not as a group posted message) and the board will take up the matter and respond with a decision in a reasonable time period. The SVTC BOD reserves the right to remove posts and disable posting abilities of anyone that violates any of these terms.The terms of this agreement may be revised as necessary, and it will be your responsibility to refer to this agreement periodically to remain informed.
Usage of this site and message board will confirm your acceptance of these terms.