CALENDAR - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
7:30 AM Brick Madness 3.0! Multi-brick workout (Canada & Edgewood)
Sunday, August 26, 2018, 7:30 AM until 12:00 PM
Canada & Edgewood Look for Big White Tent
is not Required
Back again, it’s BRICK MADNESS 3.0, a multi-brick workout (bike-run-bike-run-etc.) hosted by Patrick and Rick. Nothing beats a multi-brick workout for triathlon training and race preparation.
Sunday August 26. This is a MEMBER-LED WORKOUT, not an official club activity, at your own risk. Cross-listed with Peninsula Tri-ers Meetup group.
There is a Facebook event with all the details, for you to sign up, and to facilitate communications: https://www.facebook.com/events/424177984732563/
As before, we’ll start 7:30 am to avoid the heat. Same starting point, Canada & Edgewood. The bike leg will feature a longer, 15-mile ride (or do the 12 or 7.5-mile options from prior Madnesses). The run will again be 1.5 miles, but with shorter or longer options. And as always, light refreshments provided, and a recovery lunch afterwards.
IF YOU or someone you know (spouse, friend, children) can volunteer at the transition that would be AWESOME. Email Rick (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Patrick (email@example.com) offline.
- Meet 7:30, ready to roll at 7:45.
- Park at Canada Rd and Edgewood; we plan to set up the transition near that intersection.
- Have a way to quickly stash your bike securely and switch to run, and vice versa (or be a hero and buy one of those fancy collapsible 5-bike racks Rick & Patrick had - $40 from Amazon)Rack
- Ride (15 miles): Canada Rd toward 92, U-turn, Canada Rd. to Woodside Rd. (Roberts). Right-Woodside, Right - Albion, Right – Olive Hill, Left – Canada Rd., return to start.
- 12 mile option (same as BM 2.0) – same as above but skip the portion from Edgewood to 92
- 7.5 mile option (same as BM 1.0) – same as above but quit when return to Edgewood rather than continuing to Woodside
- Run (1.5 miles) - on path along Canada Rd toward 92, for 0.75 miles to the big oak tree at top of the short hill, turn around and return to start.
- Shorter/Longer run options: turn around sooner or after the above turnaround point
- Repeat THREE times (two times for partial credit). Try to reduce your riding time on each loop and keep transitions as quick as possible. Given the longer distances we will have cut off times for the third bike and run.
- Light refreshments provided ($ donations welcomed).
- Recovery lunch at Sancho’s Taqueria, 3205 Oak Knoll Dr, Redwood City, CA 94062